For paperchain customers on regular collections our rota is avaliable to download here; if you do not know which week you are then please email us with your customer reference.
Paperchain fully supports The Campaign for Real Recycling. Real recycling is about maximising the economic, environmental and social benefits of recycling for everyone and Paperchain operates with these ethics in mind.
All your white office paper collected by Paperchain is made into Evolve Papers which is why it is so important to separate your papers at source.
Newspapers and magazines etc from our mixed paper collections are used in the manufacture of Renaissance, a 100% recycled, premium grade newsprint which is used by a large number of leading European newspaper publishers. This is done by Aylesford Newsprint and 100% recycled newsprint has been continuously manufactured by them since 1984.
Plastics are recycled by jayplas, established in 1975 and since, grown to be the United Kingdom's largest plastic recycler.
find us on
Paperchain Director - Colin Matthews talking about the Social Enterprise Mark on Radio Devon
what is confidential?
The Data Protection Act stipulates that you must destroy under secure conditions any data containing personal information. Any papers or non-paper items such as CDs, hard drives, tapes, flash drives & x-rays that contain personal information, patient information, legal or commercially sensitive information must be confidentially destroyed.
All business produce documents containing sensitive and confidential information so knowing what is confidential or not is essential to your business.
Failure to comply is a criminal offence and penalties are applicable to those individuals found guilty of contravening the requirements of the Data Protection Act so if in doubt confidentially destroy it.
Confidential waste is any information that will identify (but not limited to) an individuals:
- Date of Birth
- financial and legal details
- 'Post it note' with name & telephone number
It is essential to remember that the secure destruction and disposal of your data will also help you maintain commercial integrity, eliminate embarrassment and stop the compromise of your company.
The list of documents that, in the wrong hands, could harm your competitiveness, viability or reputation is endless but can include:
- customer records
- marketing plans
- financial reports
- internal memoranda
- minutes of meetings
- payroll data
- even rough notes
- Environment Agency - get advice for your business sector, find out about key environmental topics, how you are regulated and what you need to do to comply.
www.netregs.gov.uk - online environmental guidance for your business.
- Co-operatives South West - providing specialist business advice to existing co-operatives or those wishing to start up new co-operative and community enterprises.
- Envision SW - environmental support programme helping businesses to save money and develop new green markets.
- WRAP - helps individuals, businesses and local authorities to reduce waste and recycle more, making better use of resources and helping to tackle climate change.
- Envirowise -government run offering free, independent support to your business helping you to become more resource efficient and save money.
- Office of Public Sector Information (OPSI) - Data Protection Act 1998.
- Information Commissioner's Office - your rights, responsibilities and obligations to data protection.
The Ministry of Justice - guidance for professionals and practitioners on application of the Data Protection Act 1998.